WEEPING SOUL

When words are too weighty for the mouth, the soul weeps in anguish,
Mine is howling unceasingly presently.

Regardless of what I do, there is no way to console it,
I feel withered and gloomy,
Expressions flee!

I feel lonely,
I'm lonely in some horribly deep way,
For a flash of an instant, I can see just how lonely and how deep this horrible feeling runs,
It jolts me to be this lonely because it seems ruinous.

Safe haven I seek in my pen and ink,
Somewhere, mixed in with all this ink, is my bliss,
Tears are words that need to be written.

Ho! Ho! Ho! When I write, my heart heals, my woes are drowned!

I am a genius of sadness, I immerse myself in it, I separate its numerous strands, and I appreciate its subtle nuances. I am a prism through which sadness is divided into its infinite spectrum.

I choose to write because it's perfect for me. It's an escape, a place I can go to hide. It's a friend, when I feel out casted from everyone else. It's a journal, when the only story I can tell is my own. It's a book, when I need to be somewhere else. It's control, when I feel so out of control. It's healing, when everything seems pretty messed up. When I write, I make discoveries about my feelings; and it's fun, when life is just flat-out boring.

I write to find strength, I write to become the person that hides inside me, I write to light the way through the darkness filling me, I write to articulate love, I write by accident, promptings, purposefully and anywhere there is paper, I write because my heart speaks a different language that someone needs to hear, I write past the embarrassment of exposure, I write myself out of heartbreaks, I write because I am nostalgic and romantic, I write to remember, I write knowing conversations don’t always take place, I write because speaking can’t be reread, I write to sooth a mind that races, I write because I can play on the page like a child left alone in the sand, I write because my emotions belong to the moon; high tide, low tide, I write knowing I will fall on my words, but no one will say it was for very long, I write because I want to paint my heart, I write to make sense out of senselessness, I write knowing I might be suffocated by my own words, stabbed by critics, crucified by both misunderstanding and understanding, I write for lovers, the lonely, the brokenhearted and the dreamers, I write because one day someone will tell me that my emotions were not a waste of time.

My sad heart will heal in time after writing, and when it does, these words sealed inside will comfort me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)