I NEED YOU TONIGHT

Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor,
Reaching for the phone because I can’t take it anymore,
Said I wouldn’t call but I lost all control and I need you now.

Still, can’t dial your number,
Though missing your voice, better close my eyes and see you,
Thinking of all the memories spent with you.

I wish the hands of time would be a little slower,
Thinking of those days you used to be with me,
Remembering all the little things we used to do together.

Somehow, I feel you by my side,
Though time separates us,
The evening graces be kind to let me feel your presence.

Every breathe spells out your name,
And I can’t go on without you,
Impossible to go to bed tonight with this void filling me.

It is cold tonight; would you send me a little of your warmth in my thoughts?
A meal without you tonight; tasteless to imagine!
Music on my stereo ain’t music without you to dance with.

I wish I could call you tonight,
In place, I write these words for you,
Close the door to my being while I watch dreams and shadows play across the floor,
Dreams and shadows of you and I, of us; I NEED YOU TONIGHT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)