A Timely Word (The Torment Within)

How good is a timely word?
Dare I give a free rein to my complaint and speak out from the bitterness of my soul?
Pour out my heart like water?

I loathe my very love life, sadly!

Tears are upon my cheeks,
Streams of tears flow from my eyes and disappear into the doors of my mouth as water disappears from the sea or as a river bed becomes parched and dry.

Out of the depths I hurt,
My wound deep as the sea.

Tho'ts of treasures that were mine in days of old,
When heavens to me were no more but paradise was she.

She bound me into a yoke of affection,
By her hands was my heart woven
She walled me in so that I could not escape.

Her speech smooth as butter,
Her words more soothing than oil,
The scent of her blissful perfume lit fire into my bones.

How can one not fix eyes on such a one?

The eye cost a man what is most dear,
A painful lesson learnt at a costly price,
If weighed on the scales of right, my misdoings would outweigh the sand of the seas,
But how can one born of woman be pure? If even the moon is not bright?

Romance was at the gates of the shadow of death,
like a fleeting shadow, we failed the test of time.

As a mountain erodes and crumbles,
As a rock is moved from its place,
What was us eroded and apart from one another we drifted, day by day.

As water wears away stones,
as torrents wash away the soil
Our passion wore away and was washed to the oblivion.

As heat and drought snatch away the melted snow,
She, from my arms was snatched by suitors full of praise and a coin to spare,
How they darkened her counsel with words without knowledge-words like drawn swords my way.

How distressed I am,
I am in torment within,
And in my heart I am disturbed.

This paper and pencil my unlucky audience but they listen to every word of my whimping.
Such loyalty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)