A WHISPER TO MY BELOVED

I share a sacred decree - to seek you, my beloved.

I roll head over heels, rushing towards you, my beautiful one, like a torrent of water.

In truth, I am a shadow of you, my beloved.

Your seeking is my seeking,
Your words are my words.

At times, I flow towards you my beloved, like a dancing stream,
At times I am, but still water held in your pitcher,
At times, I boil in a pot, turning to vapor.

You breathe into my ear, until my soul takes on your fragrance.

You are the soul of my soul - How can I escape?
But why would any soul in this world want to escape from you, my beloved?

You melt my pride, making me thin as a strand of hair,
Yet do not trade, even for all the riches, one strand of my hair.

I search for you here and there, while looking right at you.

Sitting in your heart I ask, "O beloved, where are you, my beloved?"
Enough with such questions!

Let silence take me to the core of life,
All my talk is worthless,
When compared to one whisper to you my beloved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)