LET'S DANCE

Come, I await,
Waltz to me, gracious lady,
My hand out, stretched to invite,
Let me take you by the hand,
Guide you to the dance floor.

Oh baby,
This heart thumps; hear the beat to guide your step,
Hear the whistling of blood in these veins, pleading your consent.

Let’s embrace to the rhythm,
Sway to the melody,
Let the music set us free.

Let me take you by the hand,
Spin you round and round,
Let’s get lost in the mystery of the sound.

Let's dance to the fire in our eyes,
Dance to every single strand of hair standing in every part of our bodies, yes every obscene part.

Mhhh, baby you!
Let's dance until our cheeks are glued together in thin sweat,
Dance until our groins are locked in slow groove; till we tremble and shake the earth,
Dance to the gods' cheerful audience.

Let’s dance, grown lady,
It’s the formula for romance.
So take my hand and get up on your feet,
Wrap your arms around me and feel the heat,
Our hearts are pounding to the loud drum beat,
Let’s make this night of love complete.

Let's dance to the old beats of our ancestors,
Even though I know not how to, let's dance.
I have sent you my invitation, the note inscribed on the palm of my hand by the fire of living,
Stand up quietly and dance with me,
Show me how you follow your deepest desires,
And I will show you how I reach inward and open outward to feel the kiss of your lips upon mine.
Sit beside me in long moments of shared solitude, knowing both, our absolute aloneness and our undeniable belonging,
Dance with me in the silence and in the sound of small daily words, holding neither against me at the end of the day.
And when the sound of all the declarations of our sincerest intentions has died away on the wind, dance with me in the infinite pause before the next great inhale of the breath that is breathing us all into being, not filling the emptiness from the outside or from within.
Don’t say, “Yes!” Just take my hand and dance with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)