I SELL MY SOUL TO YOU

The air between our fingertips the only barrier between us,
Our eyes passionately imprisoned in an unchain-able embrace,
As my left foot, right foot, left foot slow step,
‘Til my arms are wrapped around your waist,
And yours coiled around my neck.

In the breeze of night,
The candle-light takes lead,
Swaying effortlessly to the urge of the music,
The curtains take the inspiration and couple with the wind,
Sideways we sway; left, right and to the centre we faithfully follow,
Lost in the moment, absorbed in the tenderness of your skin,
The glow of contentment on your face, my ultimate libation.

Deprived of sense and without reason,
The world but, the two of us,
Follow-th mine flow,
Into my arms rest-th; find comfort,
For this night…

Tonight I’ll be your piano-man,
I’ll play every request that you wanna hear.
Tonight I’ll be your guitar-man,
I’ll strum every string in me to your satisfaction.
Tonight I’ll be your flute-man,
Place your lips upon my lips and I shall kiss back.
Tonight I’ll be your drum-man,
And my heart shall beat in rhyme out for your name.
For tonight, is yours night,
For tonight, I sell my soul to you…this night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)