SERVE YOU; I SHALL (“Dedication to politicians”)

Tales have been shared;
My grandparents hid to your call,
And pull they did ‘til their backs broke!
My parents trusted you they did,
To the mud your footprints led them!
The serpent you are,
With your tongue you lied to be the change,
A patched short in the rear you threw our way!

With my eyes I have witnessed;
Across the road you promised to safely guide me,
Now I hop about in clutches!
“Take my hand, let’s cross the river,” you asked of me,
Now am dangling on the bridge fighting not to be the crocodiles’ meal!
On your knees you swore, my table shall not lack bread,
Instead, a hand with spit you extend!

Is this thin sheet the warm blanket you promised?
Are the nights filled with gun-shots the peaceful calm nights you promised?
Is poison the medicine to tender to my wounds?

In my finger nails I mine for yester night’s feed to shove down the throat of my generation!
With my strands of hair I bait fish withal, mocking laughter the consequence!
My pound of flesh the only bond to protect my own!

Wouldst thou have a serpent sting thee twice?
These grieves and losses have so bated me,
That I shall hardly spare a pound of flesh tomorrow to my bloody creditor.
The villany you teach me, I will execute and it shall go hard but I will better the instructions.
Revolution will feed my means.
Serve you, I shall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)