ONE DAY…

Dream they did, our founding fathers,
For a just cause, fight they did,
For liberation, they believed in,
And today we walk tall, gratitude to them we owe.

Now;
When I look upon the tombs of the great,
Every emotion of envy dies in me.
When I read the epitaphs of the beautiful,
Every inordinate desire dies out.
When I meet with the grief of parents upon a tombstone,
My heart melts with compassion.
When I see the tomb of the parents themselves,
I consider the vanity of grieving for those whom we must quickly follow.

Bathroom promises,
The bait on whose hook we hang,
Nothing but a mirage; an illusion,
We reach out to grasp,
And the noose around our neck is fastened.

Preach I would were it not for my prowess with this pen,
Pregnant with hope,
Bursting with anticipation; my eyelids shall never get weary,
For you I do dream.

To our nation,
In moods of despair,
Never forget that sunshine will ultimately come back,
Its absence never permanent,
Hang onto your faith knowing that you will soon rise to the sunshine again.
Kenya we shall rise; ONE DAY…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)