A Little More of Something?

Walked this earth till the soles of my feet pain from the blisters!
Walked this earth till my lips are cracked with no water to wet them!
Walked this earth …and still I am on course!
The peak always a distance further!

Have labored to fill my pockets with coin,
Still nothing to show for my rough palms,
Disappointments!
Have shaken my head endlessly in despair,
And a fashion have created!

Maybe,
A day more is what I need to fill my account,
But to what end!

Perhaps,
A day more for Martin Luther King Jr would have ensured those glances are directed elsewhere,
But I would be black still, wouldn’t I?

Or rather,
A few more soil is what The Creator should have used,
That would have added me a few more pounds,
But then, what would amuse you more than my lean figure, eh?

Should I have worn a pair of shoes for this expedition,
Then my feet would be safe.
I should have gloved my hands,
To save my missus a feel of tenderness and smoothness.
Maybe I should consume some more fat,
Then I would have the seat all to myself.

A little more and a little more of a drop of water,
Should have kept my cup full to see me through this safari,
But maybe I should have let it run empty so I can have some space for coffee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LETTER TO MY LADY (I miss you every day)

An ice-queen I love!

Your Father Did Not Belong to Your Mother’s Tribe (Tribe of Love)